Don’t see the message you’re looking for? You can also listen here.
8.18 – My Words
TALK IT OUT
1. Near the beginning of his message, Pastor Rusty shared some things kids say they wish they could have done more. Most of them involve relationships. What things do you wish you could have done more as a kid? What things do you wish you could do more of now? What’s stopping you?
2. Read Ephesians 4:17-24. In this passage, Paul states that there should be a noticeable difference between the behavior of believers and non-believers. Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. Read Ephesians 4:26-27. In what ways does unresolved anger give the devil a foothold in our lives and relationships?
4. Read Ephesians 4:29. What filters does Paul encourage us to place on our words? In what ways would a typical day’s conversations change for you if you followed these guidelines?
5. Read Ephesians 4:32. According to this verse, what is the standard for how we should forgive others? How is that different from the standard we often use instead?
LIVE IT OUT
1. Think of your words as the building blocks of your relationships. Take a few moments to reflect on the conversations you had in your most important relationships this past week. What things did your words build in the lives of those people? What things can you do to improve on that this week?
2. Forgiveness can be tough. What do you tend to require from people before you are willing to forgive them? Where would you be if God applied those same standards to you? Ask God to help you recall the depth of His grace and mercy the next time you hesitate to forgive someone.